Friday May 5 9p ET flight: Boras

Bret Hess

May 4, 2023, 5:31:51 PM5/4/23
to TeamXC
The thermals are booming on this one!  Very strong/very wide.

We're on our safari south in Sweden, flying to Anderstorp.  Apparently it's famous not for glider racing but for auto racing, so here's a possible landout spot:  Haha, this is the racetrack, but I just noticed it has a runway!  We'll have to find it if it's not the destination airport.

image.png
2023 5-5 Boras Anderstorp.fpl
Friday.pdf
2023 5-5 Boras Anderstorp.tsk
2023 5-5 Boras Anderstorp.cup

Brad Alston

May 5, 2023, 10:59:03 AM5/5/23
to Bret Hess, TeamXC
Based on the coordinates of the destination, it is the racetrack location! ;)

Brad.

--
If you want to get fewer emails you have a few options: Go to the full forum page (https://groups.google.com/g/flyteamxc) and choose User Settings in the upper right, then email options. The daily summaries option will send at most one a day, grouping them in one email. Or you can receive no emails and just go to the forum to read things.
---

John Duke

May 5, 2023, 11:03:03 AM5/5/23
to Brad Alston, Bret Hess, TeamXC
This is somewhat common

Of course silverstone was an airbase in ww2 and there are ops there on race weekend at least

Circuit Paul Ricard also has a airport right  next door

Sent from my iPhone forgive any typos and grammatical errors