Monday's CORRECT 9p ET flight: West Patagonia

Bret Hess

Dec 5, 2022, 7:57:34 AM12/5/22
to TeamXC
Mostly ridge flight

My son is climbing in West Patagonia right now, so it seemed appropriate

Our endpoint
image.png
West Patagonia Glacial Task 167km_CC.fpl
Monday.pdf
2022 12-5 Rio Exploradores - Lago Fiero - Lago Leones.cup
2022 12-5 Rio Exploradores - Lago Fiero - Lago Leones.tsk

cbbehm

Dec 6, 2022, 4:40:15 PM12/6/22
to Bret Hess, TeamXC
Prayers sent to your son for a safe and awesome climb, Bret.

Kind regards,
Target

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy® Note 4.
--
If you want to get fewer emails you have a few options: Go to the full forum page (https://groups.google.com/g/flyteamxc) and choose User Settings in the upper right, then email options. The daily summaries option will send at most one a day, grouping them in one email. Or you can receive no emails and just go to the forum to read things.
---

Carlos Miralles

Dec 7, 2022, 4:57:29 PM12/7/22
to Bret Hess, TeamXC

Brett, et al,

Attached is a flight plan Dirk D came up with a while ago that was very different than our usual tasks but a lot of fun with 3 to 8 people or flying against your own prior saved flight tracks (ghosts).  Something like formula 1 racing on ridges with a lot more strategy involved.  Might be interesting for the gang to do something different?

It’s short, just over 20 minutes if you are really fast, more like 30 minutes the first time.  Landscape is Arizona2 but location is Hurricane, UT.  Air start on the ridge en mass, your clock starts when you go through the gate.  Suggest using the JS3-18 wet.  Must have gates visible.  From the initial point, just dive down through the gate without ripping wings off.

I’ve included three of my last attempts to go faster for use as ghost plane examples – try to keep up!  The ghosts will start after a few seconds.

Carlos

AZ_Zion_Gates.fpl
Zion_gates_220918a.ftr
Zion_Gates_220903a.ftr
Zion_gates_220917a.ftr

Carlos Miralles

Dec 11, 2022, 11:24:25 AM12/11/22
to Bret Hess, TeamXC

Sorry, gave you EB29 ghosts (about same times around course as the JS3-18, the JS3-15 is slower).  I think 2 of the attachments are 18m.  Some have slightly different airborne start heights so load the ghosts with same class and start turned off (unchecked) in the NOTAMS tab.

Zion_gates_220820a.ftr
Zion_gates_220813a.ftr
Zion_gates_220723a.ftr