Native file support for ka72.com

Dylan Tusler

Sep 2, 2013, 6:54:42 PM9/2/13
to flysig...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I run ka72.com which is the most popular online processor of GPS files for windsurfing.

I'm interested in adding support for native files from the flysight. Can you provide any specs for the file format?

At the moment, the site supports GPX files and the SBN files output by the Navi-GT31 and Navi-GT11.

If I can get my hands on a few sample files I can put together something pretty quickly.

Cheers,

Dylan Tusler

Michael Cooper

Sep 3, 2013, 12:13:13 PM9/3/13
to flysig...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dylan—

The native FlySight format is pretty simple… It’s a comma-separated text file with columns as described here:

http://flysight.ca/wiki/index.php?title=File_format

A sample file taken from a wingsuit skydive can be found here:

http://flysight.ca/sample.csv

Unfortunately, I don’t have any windsurfing files on-hand using the native FlySight CSV format. One windsurfer who is using the FlySight has modified it to output raw UBX format data. The latest version of the UBX protocol specification can be found here:

http://u-blox.com/images/downloads/Product_Docs/u-blox7-V14_ReceiverDescriptionProtocolSpec_Public_%28GPS.G7-SW-12001%29.pdf

This is a much more complex format. Internally, the FlySight uses the NAV-SOL, NAV-POSLLH, NAV-VELNED, and NAV-TIMEUTC messages, so I would focus on these messages if I were implementing UBX import for FlySight. However, at the moment I am only aware of one person who is using this format with FlySight.

Please let me know if I can provide anything further.

Michael

Dylan Tusler

Sep 3, 2013, 7:47:07 PM9/3/13
to flysig...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

If a CSV file is what is produced, then that's what I'll work with for the moment.

The advantage of the UBX file would, I assume, make for a slightly smaller file. Probably not an issue for short flights.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Dylan.