DIrection info

瀏覽次數:17 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Gideon Yampolsky

未讀,
2019年8月6日 上午11:21:532019/8/6
收件者:FlySight Developers
Hi guys,

Does anyone has version which provides direction info, i.e. tone corresponding to selected direction ?
This can be useful as compass when flying at cloudy days when ground cannot be seen.

Michael Cooper

未讀,
2019年8月6日 上午11:34:152019/8/6
收件者:flysig...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gideon--

There is an unofficial firmware called FlyBlind which does this. I would love to include this functionality in the main firmware, but the issue for me has always been safety. For example, I would say FlyBlind should never be used to make a jump in conditions you would not otherwise jump in, e.g., with cloud obscuring the ground. The problem is that the system could fail after exit, leaving you in freefall without the navigational tools you were depending on. Such a system would require a lot more redundancy and reliability testing than is practical for FlySight. Ideally, FlyBlind should only be used as supplementary information on a jump, e.g., if you're flying on your back.

Michael

Malcolm Schongalla

未讀,
2019年8月6日 下午2:45:462019/8/6
收件者:flysig...@googlegroups.com
How about a full IFR version? :)
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/flysight-devs/CAGVxNqm-XMJvEQnJKVrzzGM-DpeCKVhFSh4mwwQhMVhn7hEwSA%40mail.gmail.com.

Yorick

未讀,
2019年8月7日 凌晨12:37:512019/8/7
收件者:FlySight Developers
I agree with Michael. It should not be used.

I do so all the time though. It is ideal for those weird cloudy days (Europeans are a bit more relaxt about it, because of different rules), and/or when leading a group on my back.  I do turn on the flysight on the ground to make sure the lock is there on exit.  I also use the sun for navigation, but FlyBlind makes my life way easier.  I must say though, I used FlyBlind for about... ehhh.... 400+ jumps or so. So I like it, I like it a lot and I use it a lot. But I still do not trust it 100%.  I still look at the sun. I still look over my shoulder to check my position over the ground.

So do as I say, not as I do. :-)

-Y.

*cough*
http://flysight.ca/fw/flyblind-update-win-20190604.zip
*cough*

On Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 8:45:46 PM UTC+2, Malcolm Schongalla wrote:
How about a full IFR version? :)

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 9:34 AM Michael Cooper <mic...@flysight.ca> wrote:

> Hi Gideon--
>
> There is an unofficial firmware called FlyBlind which does this. I would love to include this functionality in the main firmware, but the issue for me has always been safety. For example, I would say FlyBlind should never be used to make a jump in conditions you would not otherwise jump in, e.g., with cloud obscuring the ground. The problem is that the system could fail after exit, leaving you in freefall without the navigational tools you were depending on. Such a system would require a lot more redundancy and reliability testing than is practical for FlySight. Ideally, FlyBlind should only be used as supplementary information on a jump, e.g., if you're flying on your back.
>
> Michael
>
> On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 9:21 AM Gideon Yampolsky <compula...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Does anyone has version which provides direction info, i.e. tone corresponding to selected direction ?
>> This can be useful as compass when flying at cloudy days when ground cannot be seen.
>>
>> --
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄