Help compiling latest FlySight Viewer on OS X

Michael Cooper

Dec 1, 2015, 10:16:48 AM12/1/15
to flysig...@googlegroups.com

Hi all—

I'm looking for help building the latest version of the FlySight Viewer on OS X. I've been able to figure this out in the past, but for some reason I'm running into a lot of problems this time around. The latest source code can be found here:

https://github.com/flysight/flysight-viewer-qt

In particular, what I've been having trouble with is building the vlc-qt library on which the FlySight Viewer depends. That library can be found here:

https://github.com/vlc-qt/vlc-qt

If you think you can help, please let me know. I'm running out of steam on this one, but I'd really like to release both the Windows and OS X versions this week. The new version includes a few major updates:

·         Added a "scoring view" to determine time, distance and speed through an altitude window.

·         Added a "drag polar" view to show coefficients of lift and drag calculated from FlySight data.

·         Added flight path optimization, which determines the optimal flight path for a particular task and airfoil.

If you haven’t already seen it, there is a short video on the FlySight Facebook page which explains some of the aerodynamics behind these tools:

https://www.facebook.com/FlySight-136771623013222/

Thanks for your help!

Michael

Spike and Jackie

Dec 1, 2015, 10:33:37 AM12/1/15
to flysig...@googlegroups.com

Hi Michael

Firstly, sorry, I am of absolutely no use to you regarding compilation of the viewer on OS X.  However, what you’ve done here is shown me that you are awake and online!!!

Secondly, I’m very impressed with what you’re doing as shown on Facebook.  The video is very helpful to those less than fully versed in this subject.  The viewer post below it is fascinating.

Anyway, as much as I’d love to waste your time talking that through, here’s my (slightly unrelated) idea.

I think it would be great to have a ‘playback’ function that allows you to press play and have the dots move across the graphs in real-time from exit.  The idea would be to use the config file and audio folder to playback the alarms so that it is much more intuitive to the user what actions happened when and why.

Having just come back from a coaching trip I can see how this would be extremely useful.

Hopefully you get the gist of what I’m thinking here but if not I’m more than happy to elaborate.

Good luck with the OS X compilation…

Thanks again.

Spike

Solutions 2

Dec 4, 2015, 6:36:01 PM12/4/15
to flysig...@googlegroups.com

Michael,

is it possible to change the colours for each of the " Left "  options  for example : Vertical speed is Lime Green  at the moment, I would like it to be a purple shade.

Can you point me in the right direction, which module contains the colour definition for each of the options.

Cheers

Frank

Dec 4, 2015, 6:37:58 PM12/4/15
to flysig...@googlegroups.com

Hi Frank—

It’s not there yet, but I’ll add it to the “to do” list.

Michael