A couple more changes

Michael Cooper

Oct 6, 2014, 12:10:24 PM10/6/14
to flysig...@googlegroups.com

Hi all—

I’ve made a few more changes to the firmware which I will be pushing to the main repository soon. First, the updated firmware files:

http://directaid.ca/flysight/fw/flysight-beta-646-20141006.zip

What’s changed?

1.       I added separate controls for tone and speech volume, since the speech tends to be a bit quieter.

2.       I added a separate “ground elevation” for alarms. This means you can define alarms relative to the ground rather than having to add in the DZ elevation all the time. Bear in mind that the FlySight will *not* update this parameter automatically, so you still need to be very careful about how you use the alarms. However, this should help avoid some needless calculations.

3.       In the previous firmware, I made some changes to ensure that the FlySight properly grouped data from the u-blox module with the same time stamp, regardless of the order it arrives in. However, I hadn’t really carried that change all the way through, and this resulted in some oddities with things like alarms (e.g., repeated alarm tones). This has been fixed.

4.       Finally, I’ve made changes so that the green LED goes off immediately when the first log entry is written. This means you can, in principle, synchronize your FlySight data with video by filming the LED the first time it turns off.

As usual these days, I’m not sure when I’ll be able to get to the DZ next. Any feedback or bug reports for this firmware would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Michael

Gordon Reyburn

Oct 8, 2014, 12:51:56 AM10/8/14
to flysig...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Michael, the audio level control is going to be great, the beep in the plane was killing my ears!

Will test this out in 2 weeks time. I tried the other firmware last week and no logging issues (ping me if you want a copy of a log). Worked great.

Thanks!

Gordon Reyburn

Oct 19, 2014, 6:04:27 PM10/19/14
to flysig...@googlegroups.com
Only had time for one jump, independent speech volume is awesome.

Logging worked without a problem, let me know if you want a copy of CSV.

Thanks for your work!

Michael Cooper

Oct 19, 2014, 7:26:52 PM10/19/14
to flysig...@googlegroups.com