Flying Scot NAC 2025 Proposal

Eric Sutton

May 2, 2024, 7:45:46 PMMay 2
to flying-sco...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I have attached the proposal materials for hosting the Flying Scot 2025 North American Championship at CSA. Hosting the 2025 NAC will entail significant commitment from fleet 83 members; however, it is not 100% on us. We will be getting support from other members of CSA, from fleet 135 at Clinton Lake, from other sailors in the Midwest district, and from the national organization.

I believe this is a great opportunity for us to promote Flying Scot sailing and to build our fleet. I strongly support this proposal.

This is still early in the process, so I would like to take a non-binding straw poll of fleet 83 members: Do you support having the Flying Scot 2025 NAC at CSA?

Eric
Asta FS 4300
618 444 7310

FSSA 2020-03-16 Bid Letter.docx
FSSA Questions for potential hosts_6_16_2021_0.docx

W.D. Kesler

May 2, 2024, 8:11:02 PMMay 2
to Eric Sutton, Flying Scot Google Group
Eric,
Go for it!

I will be happy to handle the online portion of registration.

Bill Kesler

<FSSA 2020-03-16 Bid Letter.docx><FSSA Questions for potential hosts_6_16_2021_0.docx>

Vogler, Edwin W

May 2, 2024, 8:14:00 PMMay 2
to Eric Sutton, flying-sco...@googlegroups.com
I support the proposal.  It would bring great visibility of the Scot to the community.  Plus, we get to sail in our type of venue.  No ocean sailing!  A 3 day regatta is the proposal so no lengthy time commitment.  Local  fleets have pledged their support serving in various capacities e.g. measurement,  greeting team, etc.
Sent from my iPhone

On May 2, 2024, at 6:48 PM, Eric Sutton <ecsu...@charter.net> wrote:

[EXTERNAL EMAIL ALERT]: Verify sender before opening links or attachments.

Vogler, Edwin W

May 2, 2024, 8:15:35 PMMay 2
to Eric Sutton, flying-sco...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to mention, Rick Bernstein agreed to be race director.
Sent from my iPhone

On May 2, 2024, at 7:13 PM, Vogler, Edwin W <wvo...@siu.edu> wrote:

 I support the proposal.  It would bring great visibility of the Scot to the community.  Plus, we get to sail in our type of venue.  No ocean sailing!  A 3 day regatta is the proposal so no lengthy time commitment.  Local  fleets have pledged their support serving in various capacities e.g. measurement,  greeting team, etc.

John

May 3, 2024, 5:13:28 AMMay 3
to Vogler, Edwin W, Eric Sutton, flying-sco...@googlegroups.com
I am willing to support this adventure.
Possibly a start of more to come.

Support from CSA members major plus, with 2024 history of planned national fleets coming
a knowing what to do to improve from each previous regatta will be major gain in understanding.

Yahoo
  John
___/)___

On May 2, 2024, at 7:15 PM, 'Vogler, Edwin W' via Flying Scot Fleet 83 <flying-sco...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 Forgot to mention, Rick Bernstein agreed to be race director.

Lara Nava,Mizrrain,US-St. Louis

May 3, 2024, 10:17:17 AMMay 3
to John, Vogler, Edwin W, Eric Sutton, flying-sco...@googlegroups.com
I think this would be a great way to connect with other clubs, and it would also be a fun event to host. We’d be willing to help in any way we can.

Miz and Hannah

Mizrrain Nava

Engineering | EA

Mechanicsburg, PA

Cell: 717 418 7854

Image

May 3, 2024, 4:40:15 PMMay 3
to Lara Nava,Mizrrain,US-St. Louis, John, Vogler, Edwin W, Eric Sutton, Flying Scot Fleet 83
Ian and I will be willing to help too.
Melanie

John B. Fischer

May 3, 2024, 4:40:15 PMMay 3
to John, Vogler, Edwin W, Eric Sutton, flying-sco...@googlegroups.com
Definitely willing to help the cause.

-John B. Fischer

DTRT EGH FTM RFB

On May 3, 2024, at 04:13, John <john...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am willing to support this adventure.

Shirley Bild

May 3, 2024, 8:38:44 PMMay 3
to Eric Sutton, Vogler, Edwin W, Eric Bernstein, John, flying-sco...@googlegroups.com
I'm willing to help with this venture.  CSA hosted this event in 2004 as well as 2012; it took alot of planning and meetings starting at least a year before the event.  We'll need to get started soon.
The FSSA form lists 16 committees that we'll need to have chairman and volunteers for, so I think we'll need significant extra help from other clubs, fleets, etc.  Our CSA Flying Scot fleet is not nearly as big as it was in past years.  In 2023 we only had 10 Flying Scots that participated in any club races, so we'll need to get help from non-racers and perhaps former members of the fleet.  The listed dates of June 26-28 2025 include the Saturday of the fireworks at CSA - so campsites and motels may be hard to get.

Shirley Bild

Chris Beutler

May 4, 2024, 5:06:38 PMMay 4
to Eric Sutton, Flying Scot Fleet 83
Eric
Am glad to help make this the best NAC yet.
I am ready to plan and execute.
Thank you for all your work.
Chris Beutler