Pursuit Race, Sunday August 6

Eric Sutton

Aug 2, 2023, 7:35:13 PM8/2/23
to flying-sco...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

This Sunday there is a pursuit race. If you are new to racing, the
pursuit race format is a good way to get started. It is much more
relaxed than the regular Sunday buoy races. If you're not interested in
the competitive aspect, you can think of the pursuit race as coordinated
day sailing. It would be great to see some of the associate members out
in the fleet boats.

As of now, Wednesday evening, the weather forecast is for showers to be
clearing in the morning, then 11-14 from the WSW at noon.

Eric
Asta FS 4300
618 444 7310

Vogler, Edwin W

Aug 5, 2023, 11:13:42 AM8/5/23
to Eric Sutton, flying-sco...@googlegroups.com
Eric, Do you know what time the pursuit race begins? Bill V

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 2, 2023, at 6:35 PM, Eric Sutton <ecsu...@charter.net> wrote:
>
> [EXTERNAL EMAIL ALERT]: Verify sender before opening links or attachments.

Eric Sutton

Aug 5, 2023, 1:15:21 PM8/5/23
to flying-sco...@googlegroups.com
There is a competitors meeting at 11am. The start time varies, but is
usually between 12pm and 1pm.

Vogler, Edwin W

Aug 5, 2023, 5:28:03 PM8/5/23
to Eric Sutton, flying-sco...@googlegroups.com
Eric, the weather report has slightly changed and it now makes it iffy for me to sail. winds under 5 mph with an increased chance of rain. BV

Sent from my iPhone
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/flying-scot-fleet-83/0a4a0752-73bc-4d54-985e-856cacf90b56%40charter.net.

John

Aug 5, 2023, 5:55:35 PM8/5/23
to Vogler, Edwin W, Eric Sutton, flying-sco...@googlegroups.com
If I remember correctly.
Start time are one hour earlier than HH’s

John
___/)___