Scale for the crane.

david

Jul 3, 2020, 10:02:23 AM7/3/20
to Flying Scot Fleet 83
Hi,

Does anyone know if the club has a scale for the Crane to use or rent? It's to know where my boat is in terms of weight.

David.

Mike Pitzer

Jul 3, 2020, 10:15:58 AM7/3/20
to david, Flying Scot Fleet 83
David
I asked the same Q a few yrs ago. I did not discover one. I think the club should buy one.
Mike

Sent from my iPhone

Mike Pitzer

Jul 3, 2020, 10:56:44 AM7/3/20
to Mike Pitzer, david, Flying Scot Fleet 83
I will put it to the Board.
Mike

Sent from my iPhone

Emilio Tellini

Jul 3, 2020, 10:59:35 AM7/3/20
to flying-sco...@googlegroups.com, pitz...@yahoo.com, da...@arra.cat, flying-sco...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

I don' remember correctly but didn't we have something to weigh the boats when we hosted the NAC last time?

Emilio

Mike Pitzer

Jul 3, 2020, 11:03:13 AM7/3/20
to Emilio Tellini, flying-sco...@googlegroups.com, da...@arra.cat
I think we did Emilio but I believe the FSSA Measurer broght it.

Sent from my iPhone

Vogler, Edwin W

Jul 3, 2020, 6:32:43 PM7/3/20
to Mike Pitzer, Emilio Tellini, flying-sco...@googlegroups.com, da...@arra.cat
The FSSA scale only determines if a boat is too light or not (tip scale or not).  It does not actually measure weight in pounds.  I’m told (Tyler Andrew at Flying Scot Inc.) that hanging scales are wildly inaccurate.  You’re better off using a ground scale similar to what is used for trucks.  Measure your trailer with and without boat.  Check with the FSSA chief measurer and/ or Tyler Andrew at Flying Scot INC to determine what equipment to keep on the boat while measuring.  Bill V.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 3, 2020, at 10:03 AM, 'Mike Pitzer' via Flying Scot Fleet 83 <flying-sco...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

[EXTERNAL EMAIL ALERT]: Verify sender before opening links or attachments.