Fwd: FS Foundation Request for Information

pitz...@yahoo.com

Oct 31, 2023, 11:32:47 AM10/31/23
to Flying Scot Fleet 83
Fleet
Below is a note I received from the Flying Scot Foundation chair. Six ( or more) years ago Jim Harris and I applied for a grant to purchase the newer Scot in our club fleet. As I recall the grant was $2500. The grant was instrumental in getting the CSA Board to add an additional $1500 so that we could complete the purchase. That Scot is still in our fleet and I think the best one.

The Foundation needs your support to continue its efforts to keep the Scot alive and well throughout the country. See the FSSA website for instructions on how to make a contribution.

Also, if you have anecdotes about how a rental Scot or the fleet program Scot helped you decide to buy a Scot let me know. I would like to include our positive stories in my reply to Charles Buffington
Thanks
Mike Pitzer

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Charles Buffington <buffin...@gmail.com>
Date: October 31, 2023 at 8:47:02 AM CDT
To: Charles Buffington <buffin...@gmail.com>
Cc: Bruce Kitchen <bru...@aol.com>, Larry Taggart <tagg...@usa.net>, Robert Matson <robert...@gmail.com>, Courtney Waldrup <cwal...@pmpamc.com>, Jim Leggette <jim.le...@gmail.com>
Subject: FS Foundation Request for Information

November 1, 2023

Folks,

   The Flying Scot Foundation has funded 55 projects during the past decade, and one of them was yours.

   Unfortunately, donations to the Foundation have not kept up with spending and our current cash balance is hovering around $0.

   I’m planning to write and appeal to FSSA members, reminding them of the important role the Foundation plays in assuring the future of Scot sailing and encouraging them to donate to the cause.

   To this end, I’d like to include comments and pictures from programs that have been previous recipients of support.

     Would you take a few minutes to write something for me? Include your name, your program, the location, how we helped and any positive results you have observed. Pictures are worth a 1,000 words.  I can’t guarantee that we’ll have enough room for everyone’s comments, but I’d like to hear from you anyway.

   If you’ve moved on, please pass this along to the person in your organization who has replaced you and encourage them to send a note.

   Many thanks,

Charles Buffington, Chair

Flying Scot Foundation Committee