Postdoctoral position available – Kiehart Lab – Duke University

janice....@duke.edu

Apr 19, 2024, 1:24:51 PMApr 19
to FlyBase

Postdoctoral position is available in Dan Kiehart’s lab in the Developmental, Cell and Molecular Biology Group of the Biology Department at Duke University.  We are an NIH supported lab focused on the molecular and biomechanical mechanisms of cell sheet morphogenesis during dorsal closure in the model system, Drosophila melanogaster (reviewed in Kiehart et al. 2017 Ann. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 33:169).

Expertise: Our lab applies high- and super-resolution live imaging techniques combined with genetic, bioinformatic, biophysical and biochemical strategies to interrogate the mechanics of closure. Expertise in one or more of these areas is desirable. Excellent candidates with expertise in more tangentially related fields will be considered.

Requirements:  A PhD or anticipated completion of a PhD in the biosciences, likely with a focus on cell and/or developmental biology. At least one published or accepted peer-reviewed research manuscript is required.

Apply: Please submit a cover letter, CV, statement of research interest, names and contact information for three references and a publication list via Academic Jobs Online Duke University, Biology (academicjobsonline.org). We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will fill the position as soon as is possible.

For any questions, please contact Dan Kiehart, PhD, dkie...@duke.edu

Janice Crawford, Ph.D.

May 31, 2024, 3:30:46 PMMay 31
to FlyBase

Technician/post-baccalaureate position is available in Dan Kiehart’s lab in the Developmental, Cell and Molecular Biology Group of the Biology Department at Duke University.  We are an NIH supported lab focused on the molecular and biomechanical mechanisms of cell sheet morphogenesis during dorsal closure in the model system, Drosophila melanogaster (reviewed in Kiehart et al. 2017 Ann. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 33:169). Our lab applies high- and super-resolution live imaging techniques combined with genetic, bioinformatic, biophysical and biochemical strategies to interrogate the mechanics of closure.

Skills:  Experience in standard lab maintenance skills desired, fly husbandry and/or microscopy experience is a plus.

Requirements:  A BA or BS in the biosciences and prior research experience.