Looking for wild type Drosophila melanogaster

Montbel Vincent

Feb 4, 2022, 9:22:44 AM2/4/22
to FlyBase

Hi everyone,

I’m a Ph.D. student in the Czech Republic and I’m working on natural selection of Drosophila species from the Australian rainforest. Unfortunately, Australia has been close for a while and I couldn’t collect new populations of Drosophila in the past year. I want to switch to melanogaster for an experience and I was wondering if somebody has a genetically diverse, wild-type population of melanogaster to share. It will really help me and save this year for me.

Thanks for your help,

Vincent MONTBEL

 Laboratory of Experimental Ecology (http://lab.hrcek.net/)