postdoctoral position studying neural cell fate

Nicholas Baker

Dec 7, 2021, 4:40:02 AM12/7/21
to FlyBase

Postdoctoral positions studying neural development

Proneural bHLH transcription factors are master regulators of neural cell fate determination and differentiation and important components of neuronal reprogramming strategies in mammals[1]. We will use Drosophila eye development to identify and characterize novel regulators of proneural bHLH proteins, in a multidisciplinary approach that may involve developmental genetic studies, protein biochemistry, and genetic screens coupled to modern whole-genome sequencing approaches.

1.         Baker, N.E. and N.L. Brown, All in the family: neuronal diversity and proneural bHLH genes. Development, 2018. 145: p. dev159426.

 Send CV, research interests, and reference contact information: Dr. Nicholas Baker (postdo...@yahoo.com)

Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve. We are located in a residential suburb of New York City.  Eligible for postdoctoral housing and other benefits.