Proliferating Drosophila

Saumya Ranjan

Jan 27, 2023, 10:21:06 AM1/27/23
to FlyBase
Hello all,

I hope I've reached the right audience here with my question. I am a final year masters student at Utkal University, India and have no prior experience working with Drosophila. As a part of my thesis, I have designed an experiment with about 15 different groups. In order to produce results in triplicate, I need to have atleast three tubes in each group with 50 flies in each tube. However, the caveat is, I need all the flies to be of the same age/generation.

Any suggestions as to how I can breed a large number of flies while ensuring their generational purity?

Regards,
Saumya