Research technician post in evolutionary genetics at Duke University

Mohamed Noor

Nov 17, 2021, 12:07:06 PM11/17/21
to FlyBase
The Noor Laboratory in the Department of Biology at Duke University is looking for an Associate in Research (lab technician). Duties will include maintenance of Drosophila cultures, collections of unmated flies for crosses and executing said crosses in relation to a project studying the abundance of lethal alleles in natural populations. The hire will be responsible for media preparation, phenotyping individuals, DNA isolation and molecular genotyping, entering and managing data, and other help with this project. The position also entails managing undergraduate students, and requires clear communication and coordination with the lab members and other laboratory efforts.

Bachelors degree in biology or related discipline required.

Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.

Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.

Applications are submitted through: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/19369