Postdoc position University of Göttingen, Germany

mgo...@gwdg.de

Mar 18, 2022, 2:12:12 PM3/18/22
to FlyBase
Hello,
the Göpfert lab is offering a postdoc position for which we have funding for two years.

Postdoc Position on Drosophila Neurobiology

A postdoc position (two years, TVL-13) is available in the Göpfert lab at the Department of Cellular Neurobiology, Göttingen University.

We are looking for are looking for a new member of our team. We are working on the function of Drosophila sensory systems, ranging from transduction mechanisms and ion channel function to sensory receptor function and sensory-driven behaviors. We mainly focus on mechanoensory systems, whereby we are particularly interest in the function of mechano-gated ion channels as well as their molecular integration within cells and their modulation. We are also interested in the mechanosensory functions of visual proteins such as rhodopsins and visual cycle components, the mechanisms by which mechanoreceptors achieve frequency selectivity, and neurodegeneration. There is much room for discovery in all these areas, whereby we are always open to novel research ideas. Expertise in quantitative data analysis is welcome and so is patch-clamp expertise.

Your profile
-a PhD in biology/physics or a related discipline
-a neurobiological research focus
-a background in molecular sensory biology/ion channels
- Language skills in English and (at least basic) German

Your duties
- Cooperate in – and devise new- research in sensory neuroscience/ion channel function
- Supervise students and cooperate in teaching according to § 31 NHG

Our labs, which are part of the Cluster of Excellence "Multiscale Bioimaging: from Molecular Machines to Networks of Excitable cells" (MBExC), are housed by the Schwann-Schleiden Centre for Molecular Cell Biology and are part of the Göttingen Research Campus. We offer state-of-the-art research facilities and a highly international and collegial research environment.

The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.

Please send your application, which should include a motivation letter and the CV with publication list in electronic form by 03.04.2022

Prof. Dr. Martin Göpfert,
Zelluläre Neurobiologie
Julia-Lermomtowa-Weg 3,
37077 Göttingen,

Please note:
With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law. Further information on the legal basis and data usage is provided in the Hinweisblatt zur Datenschutzgrundverordnung (DSGVO) https://www.uni-goettingen.de/hinweisdsgvo