Mid West Engine GIAE100/110R

Mike Holdstock

Jun 9, 2015, 2:52:23 AM6/9/15
to fly...@googlegroups.com
Bit of a long shot because of their scarceness but does anyone have a spare engine for sale or know someone who does?
Regards
Mike

pil...@btinternet.com

Mar 10, 2016, 1:31:35 PM3/10/16
to FlyARV
Hello Mike.

Your request doesn't sound too good. Has Bravo Zulu's engine given up for good? I used to own that aircraft and sincerely wish I could help you but I have no contacts to assist in your search for an engine or a mount. It would be great with a Rotax up front, it's a superb aircraft. I had problems during my ownership with the engine and getting my hands on parts from Austria was not an easy task.
I know a superb welder who would make you a frame from diagrams for a Rotax installation I'm sure. He repaired my frame on an RV4 to a very high standard.
If you supplied the steel 4130 I think it is with the diagram he may be able to help you.
The number I have for him is 07734 232994, his name is Dewi, pronounced Dowie from Oswestry Shropshire. He welds for Linstrand balloons.

Good luck with your modification and I would love to see BZ flying soon

Regards

Paul Lewis

pilot...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2018, 11:36:05 AM8/14/18
to FlyARV
Mike,

Did you spot the GIAE 110R-CA for sale on AFORS this week? £4,000

Cheers

Paul (EX Owner G-BWBZ)