JACKS Monday

Wings-Aron Lantz

Sep 20, 2021, 7:02:34 AM9/20/21
to Hyner Club, FLYING ALERTS
Flying Jacks Monday...

Who is in?

Aron

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron

michael lange

Sep 20, 2021, 7:52:00 AM9/20/21
to hyne...@googlegroups.com, FLYING ALERTS
I am in and I plan on being at Jack’s launch by 12

Michael Troy Lange

Wings-Aron Lantz

Sep 20, 2021, 9:15:29 AM9/20/21
to michael lange, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Hyner Club, FLYING ALERTS
See you guys there.  Looks like 3 or 4 pilots today...maybe more.  Steve is there now and said conditions look awsome.

Hope we get some flyers out today!

Aron

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "flyable site alerts" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/flyable-site-alerts/7D22D72C-E5A1-48C5-BA02-5A4B2D81A2FB%40gmail.com.

Wings-Aron Lantz

Sep 20, 2021, 10:24:18 PM9/20/21
to hyne...@googlegroups.com, michael lange, FLYING ALERTS
Well holy cow today was the day at Jacks that we've been waiting for!  What a dance in the sky!

It was an all day fest, probably soarable till dark.

You could basically fly from early morning all day long...which Steve did in his PG...like 6 hrs.

HG pilots had upwards of 2 hrs and probably could have went more.

The limiting factor was whether you could hold it or get dehydrated enough to not care anymore  :)

Man, I hope we get more of those type days this fall.

Aron

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron

bhigdog1

Sep 20, 2021, 10:36:11 PM9/20/21
to hyne...@googlegroups.com, michael lange, FLYING ALERTS
Altitude gains?......bob

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Wings-Aron Lantz

Sep 20, 2021, 11:26:36 PM9/20/21
to hyne...@googlegroups.com, michael lange, FLYING ALERTS
Hi Bob,

I think my highest was about 450 over.  I think some others may have made 600?  Not sure.

It was overcast today so there wasn't much thermal going on.

Little bits of dips and uplifts on the ridge.  Sometimes a lift line you could work for a few hundred feet out from the ridge for me anyways.  I saw some pilots venturing father out from the ridge and getting some gains now and then.