Flying Harris Friday

Wings-Aron Lantz

Jan 6, 2022, 8:29:39 PM1/6/22
to 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, RAF, FLYING ALERTS
Flying Harris Friday

Looks like it may be getting too stong in afternoon...

So planning to go early.  Hopefully getting there by 10 AM  fly by 10:30 or 11.

George is going, who else is in?

Wear your wool socks and best gloves...this is an arctic adventure.  Probably less than attacking Everest (i wouldn't know).

Who is in?

Aron

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron

Robert Skinner

Jan 6, 2022, 8:35:17 PM1/6/22
to Wings-Aron Lantz, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, RAF, FLYING ALERTS
Aaron,

I couldn't be there until at least 1.
If you are still there I'd come out though ...

Rob

Rob

Wings-Aron Lantz

Jan 6, 2022, 8:42:24 PM1/6/22
to Robert Skinner, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, RAF, FLYING ALERTS
Come on out, we'll be there.  Hopefully everyone will get some.

You can't really trust all the forecasts, but they give us some info to go on.

If it ends up blown out, we just skip that one for safety.

Aron

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron

Robert Slebodnik

Jan 6, 2022, 8:56:09 PM1/6/22
to Wings-Aron Lantz, Robert Skinner, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, RAF, FLYING ALERTS
I am interested but am watching the gust factor.  9 am would give us more of a flyable window, I think. Do we have a "local" pilot?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Upstate NY Free Flyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/upstate-ny-free-flyers/2dcae815-a6ad-44bb-a9fa-96a20bce751c%40aronlantz.com.

Wings-Aron Lantz

Jan 6, 2022, 9:08:32 PM1/6/22
to Robert Slebodnik, Robert Skinner, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, RAF, FLYING ALERTS
I think I'm a "local pilot" now for FSF.

I'm not a paragliding pilot so I don't know about that area really.  What I see as of now for tomorrow's forecast looks like double surface hang glider territory.

If I end up flying Friday it will be with the fastest tool. Not the Sting 175, but the Northwing Liberty 158 in my case.

I'll  look at the weather again when I get up and post before I head out.

Aron

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron

Robert Slebodnik

Jan 6, 2022, 9:18:09 PM1/6/22
to Wings-Aron Lantz, Robert Skinner, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, RAF, FLYING ALERTS
I'll look at the forecast at about 6:30 am on Friday and see what the gust factor is.  I'd like to fly but may have to skip it if it looks too gusty. What is the ETA in the LZ that we are considering?

Wings-Aron Lantz

Jan 6, 2022, 9:24:55 PM1/6/22
to RAF, Robert Skinner, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, FLYING ALERTS
I'd like to be at the lz by 10am.  I'll confirm eta in the morning.

--
***Be sure to check the Group Calendar often!***

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rochesterareaflyers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York

You received this because you are subscribed to "RochesterAreaFlyers"
For more options, visit this group at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterareaflyers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/CAFGRrqrBFnb8LvbbgfXDQkoY_i6Ja%2Bba97uD0bze32T5tUyzTw%40mail.gmail.com.