incorrect use of parent data widget. expanded widgets must be placed inside flex widgets

Mounika

Feb 27, 2019, 7:29:43 AM2/27/19
to Flutter Dev
0

I am getting the following error:

i.e.., Another exception was thrown: Incorrect use of ParentDataWidget. showing error on the mobile screen.

 @override
  Widget build(BuildContext context) {

    return MaterialApp(
      title: widget.title,
      theme: ThemeData.light().copyWith(
        platform: _platform ?? Theme.of(context).platform,
      ),
      home: DefaultTabController(
        length: categoryNames.length,
        child: Scaffold(
        appBar: AppBar(
          title: Text(widget.title),
                 ),
        body: SafeArea(
            child: Column(
              children: <Widget>[
                Chewie(
                  controller: _chewieController,
                ),
                TabBar(
                  labelColor:Colors.black,
                  tabs: categoryNames,
                ),
                Expanded(
                  child: TabBarView(
                    children: [
                      ImageList()
                    ],
                  ),
                )
                /*TabBarView(
                  children: [
                    Icon(Icons.directions_car),
                    Icon(Icons.directions_transit),
                    Icon(Icons.directions_bike),
                  ],
                )*/
              ],
            )
        ),
      ),
      ),
    );
  }

Its my code, please check and let me know the issue.

Bened

Feb 27, 2019, 8:44:56 AM2/27/19
to Flutter Dev
difficult to check an incomplete code. But to shorten it, expanded is used to handle the width of the device and Listview to handle the length of the device. Looking at your code, you are dealing with Column.