How to create my own MediaStrean class to get low level access to the data?

17 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Hauke Krüger

ungelesen,
11.03.2022, 02:39:4011.03.22
an Flutter Development (flutter-dev)
Hi everyone,

if I start a WebRTC conversation in flutter, I open a MediaStream which then starts the microphone, loudspeaker and camera. This works out of the box but I only connect sources with destinations to drive data connections - an access to the actual audio/video data is not accessible in flutter.

Is there a way to write my own MediaStream class to get access to the streaming data? My idea would be to use such a new class to pull in data from an ffi-library (desktop environment) and forward this towards the WebRTC connection.

My feeling is that this might be complicated using the conventional approaches: typically, Flutter objects use member functions and callbacks in async manner which would not be a good basis for real-time data processing. And even the channels between native plugins and flutter are always async.

In html objects I may define member functions in a type of webidl descriptions using webasm . Maybe, a plugin in flutter can be driven in a similar way?

Thank you and best regards

Hauke

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor