Announcing Flutter beta 1

Filip Hráček

Feb 27, 2018, 9:36:52 AM2/27/18
to Flutter Dev
Hi all,

We just announced our first beta release. Blogpost here:

Here's more info on our master/dev/beta release strategy. To switch to the beta channel, the recommended method is to first run flutter upgrade and then flutter channel beta. If you don't run flutter upgrade first, you could get stuck in a bad state (here's how to get unstuck).

Changelog for beta lives here.

Enjoy, and feel free to join the public discussion on Twitter, RedditHN and anywhere else.

— Filip

Todd Volkert

Feb 28, 2018, 1:21:01 PM2/28/18
to Filip Hráček, Flutter Dev
Hi all,

To fix an issue whereby the Flutter Gallery wasn't building on Android, we pushed a new beta release today containing the fix.  If you're on the beta channel, you can get the new release by running "flutter upgrade".

For more information, see the associated Changelog.

Cheers,
-T