Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M66 Release

Steve Messick

Apr 4, 2022, 3:14:48 PM4/4/22
to flutter-...@googlegroups.com

Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M66 Release

This release cycle was primarily focused on fixing problems and reducing tech debt.

  • Changes made to a Dart scratch file no longer trigger hot reload on save.

  • Directories were not being recognized as part of a Flutter project. This was most notable for test directories, where the ability to select a directory and run all tests in it was not available unless a run config was created manually.

  • We added more logging to help track down the causes of some puzzling problems. When you file an issue we may ask to see a new log file, in addition to the standard log file.

Better Support for Long Arguments to Run Commands

We switched the arguments fields of the run config and test config to use an expandable text field for the arguments fields. In the run config, this applies to the “Additional run args” and “Additional attach args” fields; in the test config, it applies to the “Additional args” field.

When the run config is first opened for editing, the “Additional run argos” field looks like this;

After clicking the expander icon on the right, it expands to allow editing each argument on a separate line:

Click the collapse icon on the top-right to close it, or select any other UI element.

Supported Platforms

Android Studio

  • Bumblebee | 2021.1

  • Chipmunk | 2021.2