Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M50 Release

Steve Messick

Sep 30, 2020, 10:52:40 AM9/30/20
to Flutter Public Announcements (flutter-announce)

Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M50 Release

Embedding DevTools in IntelliJ

There is now an experimental option to show the DevTools Inspector embedded in IntelliJ. This replaces the contents of the Flutter Inspector tool window with the version of the Inspector from DevTools. This allows us to use the slightly more featureful version of the Inspector from DevTools; among other things, this means the Layout Explorer is available directly.

This was announced for Macs with the previous release and is now available for Windows and Linux.

With the embedding option off:

With the embedding option on:

And, the Layout Explorer embedding in IntelliJ:

To toggle this option on, go to Preferences/Settings > Languages & Frameworks > Flutter > Enable embedded DevTools inspector.