Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M48 Release

Steve Messick

Jul 31, 2020, 4:36:07 PM7/31/20
to Flutter Public Announcements (flutter-announce)

Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M48 Release

Plugin Enhancements

Color previews for Color.fromARGB and Color.fromRGBO now show in the editor. Formerly you would see this:

But now you see the color block:

Special thanks to @dratushnyy on Github for the contribution!

Also thanks to @LetticiaNicoli on Github for helping fix up terminology by changing WhiteList to AllowList.

Fixed Issues

  • If a directory name build was present in the source tree the Flutter app would not start.

  • Sometimes the device selector would get into a state where it showed nothing.

  • Flutter apps now start paused in order to allow the debugger to connect and capture even the earliest error messages.

  • We now use the new, generated Flutter framework metadata from flutter/tools_metadata for color and icon previews.

  • We show a notification if starting DevTools takes too long.

Known Issues

In Android Studio Beta 5 and later the Project Structure item is missing from the File menu.

Android Studio Canary releases are not currently supported due to API changes in the very latest canary release. This affects both stable and dev channels for the Flutter plugin; while the plugin can be installed into the canary release, it will not function properly.