Many of the editor changes rely on changes in the Dart/Flutter SDKs so may not be immediately visible depending on your Dart/Flutter SDK channel.
- #3143/#3215: The “Wrap with widget” action now correctly pre-selects the text “widget” when LSP is enabled.
- #3214: LSP code actions that insert multiline text using “snippets” now indent correctly.
- #3203: Pressing
<enter> on a comment line (starting with
//) now auto-inserts
// on the next line, matching the existing behaviour for triple-slash
- #3177: The
dart.autoImportCompletions setting is now supported by LSP, allowing auto-import completions to be disabled.
- #3159: Renaming a variable to match the name of a constructor called in the same scope no longer returns a confusing error message about shadowing variables.
- #3170: Code completion no longer incorrectly triggers in comments at very end of a file.
- #3160: Code completion no longer sometimes returns stale results based on the version of a file first opened in the session.
- #2873: The performance of Ctrl+Clicking symbols when LSP is enabled has been improved.
- #101: Code completion is now able to suggest package names in the
dev_dependencies sections of
- #3216: New commands Pub: Upgrade Packages –major-versions and Flutter: Upgrade Packages –major-versions will upgrade packages using Pub’s
--major-versions flag that updates constraints in
- #3213: Output panes no longer disappear then reappear (causing a visible flicker) when running new commands.
- #3212: The Flutter: Screenshot command works again with the latest versions of Flutter.
- #3237: Clicking the Get Packages button in the editors menu bar for a Dart project’s
pubspec.yaml in a workspace that also contains a Flutter project will no longer run
flutter pub get instead of
- #3179/#3238: The Dart: New Project command now uses
dart create instead of Stagehand for Dart SDK versions >= v2.10.0.
- #3151/#3157: The Run Skipped commands/buttons added in the previous version now also work for Flutter tests when using a new enough Flutter SDK (this does not include stable at the time of the release).
- #3098: Test Discovery no longer sometimes inserts additional unknown test nodes into the tree if you open the test file immediately after starting a test run.
- #3224: Fields now correctly show in debug tooltips when
evaluateGettersInDebugViews is set to
false (only getters are excluded).
- #3210: Widgets in local (
path) packages are now shown correctly in the DevTools inspector summary tree.
- #3198: The DevTools server address is no longer passed multiple times with
--devtools-server-address when launching Flutter apps.
- #3195: Attaching to Dart or Flutter apps now correctly shows the
stdout stream in the Debug Console.
- #3188: The editors run/debug title buttons have been moved to the new VS Code
editor/title/run menu, allowing them to appear before other buttons and overflow better.
- #3187: Frames that cannot be restarted from (the top frame, and frames after an async boundary) now show the button disabled instead of reporting an error if clicked.
- #3196: Flutter gutter icons now work for expressions that use conditionals
expr ? widget1 : widget2.
- #3217: A new setting
dart.flutterShowWebServerDevice allows enabling the web-server device even when running locally. Using the web-server device requires the Dart Debug extension and the Chrome device is still the recommended way for non-remote development.