[Breaking Change] Using HTML slots in Flutter Web apps.

David Iglesias Teixeira

Jun 30, 2021, 12:25:49 PM6/30/21
to Flutter Public Announcements (flutter-announce)
Hello all!

We recently landed a slightly different HTML markup for Flutter Web apps that was deemed a breaking change.

A migration guide has been produced to ease the transition into the new markup:

Most web apps won't even notice the change, but please do take a look at the doc if you're writing your own custom HtmlElementView widgets; you might need to slightly change the markup of your custom view.

The change has been verified against several of community-supplied repro cases, but feel free to create any new issues you encounter, or reach out to us directly. My username is @ditman both in Discord and GitHub; feel free to reach out!

Thanks for reading!