Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M58 Release

Steve Messick

Jul 1, 2021, 12:08:00 PM7/1/21
to flutter-...@googlegroups.com

Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M58 Release

Running Tests with Coverage

We’ve added support for the “Run with Coverage” run option. This works for both unit tests and integration tests. You can access this from the toolbar button next to the “Debug” button:

Coverage info is displayed using red and green bars in the gutter of the editor. In this example, lines 9-13 were tested, but lines 3 and 4 were not.

We’re re-using the IntelliJ coverage framework. One known issue with our integration is that when coverage is first collected, IntelliJ asks if you want to delete the coverage/lcov.info file that was just created. Click “No” and subscribe to the issue tracking this question for updates.

Enable Embedded Browser for MacOS Big Sur

The embedded browser, which is used to display the stand-alone DevTools as an IntelliJ tool window, was previously unsupported for MacOS Big Sur; Big Sur is now supported and we are now enabling this feature by default for all Big Sur users. This feature can be turned off in Preferences > Flutter.

Supported Platforms

Android Studio

  • Stable (4.2)

  • Beta (Arctic Fox)

IntelliJ

  • 2020.2, 2020.3

  • 2021.1, 2021.2 EAP

The latest Android Studio canary (Bumblebee) is now hosted on IntelliJ 2021.1. That change, and the switch to Java 11, leaves us with some work to do before we can support the canary builds again.