Announcing Flutter 3.0 Stable

Kevin Moore

May 11, 2022, 4:07:12 PMMay 11
to Flutter Public Announcements (flutter-announce)

It’s time again for a Flutter stable release — and we are incredibly proud to announce Flutter 3! Only three months ago, we announced Flutter support for Windows. Today, we are excited to announce that Flutter is now stable for macOS and Linux, in addition to Windows!

Thanks to the hard work of our Flutter contributors, we’ve merged 5248 pull requests!

We have several exciting things to announce as part of this release, including the update on Flutter’s support for macOS and Linux, significant performance improvements, mobile and web updates — and much more! In addition, we have news about reduction in support for older versions of Windows, and a short list of breaking changes.

Read the rest of the announcement: https://medium.com/flutter/introducing-flutter-3-5eb69151622f

A summary of changes: https://medium.com/flutter/whats-new-in-flutter-3-8c74a5bc32d0