Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M56 Release

Steve Messick

May 3, 2021, 11:37:20 AM5/3/21
to flutter-...@googlegroups.com

Async Debugging Improvement

We added an option in the plugin’s preferences/settings page to print all stack traces to the console. Previously, we’d been printing only the first (when printing structured errors was enabled). This was causing difficulties in complex projects where the root cause might be in a different package, and it wasn’t getting printed. Now, all stack traces can be printed, if you choose to enable it. We already have ideas on how to make this less obviously verbose, so look for more changes in the future.

Embedded DevTools

We made a few changes to the embedded DevTools. It now responds to changes to the color theme. There will be fewer errors reported to users; we still log the occurrence, in case it is an actual error, but time-outs for example can be ignored. The problem that prevented it from working in IntelliJ 2021.1 has been fixed. And JxBrowser was updated to 7.14.