RFC: Raise minimum supported macOS version from 10.13 to 10.14 for Flutter desktop apps

Chris Bracken

Nov 2, 2022, 4:25:41 PM11/2/22
to Flutter Public Announcements (flutter-announce)
We're proposing we bump the minimum macOS version from 10.13 to 10.14, which would simultaneously drop support for the desktop OpenGL backend, and bring us in line with the iOS embedder.

Details on the exact hardware we'd be dropping support for is listed in the doc. All hardware that would lose support is on Apple's obsolete products list.

The full proposal is here: http://flutter.dev/go/flutter-drop-macOS-10.13-2022-q4

The above RFC has also been posted to the #hackers-desktop channel on our Discord server and Twitter. Any feedback is appreciated!

Cheers,
Chris