[Breaking Change] Deprecations expiring after v3.19 release

Kate Lovett

Feb 22, 2024, 1:50:17 PMFeb 22
to Flutter Public Announcements (flutter-announce)
Hello everyone,

I hope you are enjoying the latest release of Flutter 3.19.
As per usual, with a new release comes a new batch of deprecations that have reached end of life.
Please see flutter.dev/go/deprecations-removed-after-3-19 for the next set of APIs that are scheduled to be removed before the next stable release in accordance with our Deprecation Policy.

I am pleased to share that many already have Flutter fixes available on the latest stable channel. For more information on these automatic migration fixes, see Flutter Fix on the website.

This will be the first cycle we include flutter_driver along with the flutter and flutter_test packages.

Also notable this cycle is the context menu migration, for which a full migration guide is available on the website. This deprecation is significant, and so may be extended to another cycle as we evaluate the impact of its removal.

I have opened https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/143956 for tracking this cycle, where any and all feedback is welcome.

Thank you!