Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M46 Release

Steve Messick

May 29, 2020, 1:32:03 PM5/29/20
to Flutter Public Announcements (flutter-announce)

Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M46 Release

Support for IntelliJ 2020.2 EAP

We now support IntelliJ 2020.2 EAP; enjoy!

Bug Fixes

  • We’ve updated the Material and Cupertino icon previews to the latest available

  • Only show the Flutter device selector in projects that have a Flutter module

  • Prevent drawing child lines through other characters in the UI guides in build methods

  • We now save edited files before launching tests; this addresses an issue with tests not always running with the latest changes

  • Apply link filter to error messages in the Flutter console (to address a frequently reported exception)

Android Studio Canary Support Suspended

We have to suspend support for Android Studio 4.1 canary builds. There are a number of API changes we need to adapt to. We’ll get it back as soon as possible. Note: Since canary support is only in the dev channel, it will become available more quickly than it would if it had to wait for the M47 release.

For instructions about trying out our dev channel for the plugin, please see github.com/flutter/flutter-intellij/wiki/Dev-Channel.