Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M47 Release

Steve Messick

Jun 26, 2020, 2:42:35 PM6/26/20
to Flutter Public Announcements (flutter-announce)

Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M47 Release

General bug fixes and enhancements

  • We fixed an issue where the Flutter device selector could get stuck showing the Loading… message.

  • We’ve updated the InheritedWidget code completion template to avoid a deprecated API.

  • We now show previews of the CupertinoIcons in editor gutters (along with the existing Colors and Icons previews).

Support for Android Studio 4.2 canary

Android Studio canary support is back in the stable channel. Android Studio support in our stable channel is on a best-effort basis; if you want to use Android Studio Canary releases, it’s recommended you install the Flutter plugin from our dev channel.

And also...

  • Fixed an issue that caused the IDE to hang during iOS builds.

  • Ensured that the name property in pubspec files is set correctly on project creation.

  • Added a flag to the run command to display structured errors.

  • Updated the run action to temporarily pause the Flutter app on startup so the IDE can get connected; this matches the existing behavior of the debug action.