Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M67 Release

Steve Messick

May 2, 2022, 11:23:37 AMMay 2
to flutter-...@googlegroups.com

Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M67 Release

This release cycle was primarily focused on fixing problems and reducing tech debt.

  • Removed the 30-char limit for project names in the new project wizard. We added the limit because the regular expression we were using to validate project names was very slow. After re-writing the regexp we forgot to remove the limit.

  • Fixed a minor layout issue in the new project wizard, which only appears in IntelliJ 2022.1 and later versions.

  • Modified CONTRIBUTING.md to add links to informative third-party articles about writing plugins for IntelliJ. If you’re thinking about becoming a contributor to this project (or any other IntelliJ plugin) these are worth reading.

The remaining work was behind-the-scenes changes that hopefully make it easier to keep everything working.

Supported Platforms

Android Studio

  • Bumblebee | 2021.1

  • Chipmunk | 2021.2