XNA 2 Upgrade?

SharpeLabs

Dec 17, 2007, 9:43:42 AM12/17/07
to Fluix
Hi, firstly id like to thank you for making this project (its
everything i need and more).

I tested it in XNA Studio 1 and everything was working fine.
But it doesnt compile in XNA 2 (Game Studio Express 2).

Steps to Generate Error:
1. Upgrade the Runtime, using the Upgrade and (Replacing ResourceUsage
with BufferUsage)
2. Recompile Runtime (add add runtime.dll as a project reference)

3. Add The Pipline.dll to the Pipeline (This should be upgraded first,
as its probably whats the error).
4. Try and set the swf Compiler (in the properties window of the SWF),
this causes Visual studio to Crash.

Im despirate to get this working (I have to get Flash in XNA by
January 6th for a work project)!

Please can you upgrade the pipeline.dll (should just be a case of
using the upgrade tool and replacing ResourceUsage with BufferUsage).
If you cant or dont have the time, please can you release the pipeline
dll and i'll try and upgrade it myself (and will post the end source
back to this group).

I cant stress enough how despriately i need Flash in XNA (The whole
project has been built around it, becuase i tested it in XNA 1 and
everything was working fine. Please i really dont want to have to
rollback the project).

Scott Graham

Dec 17, 2007, 12:02:51 PM12/17/07
to fl...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I haven't installed XNA2 yet, I'll try to get around to it over the holidays sometime, and release a new version.

Scott

SharpeLabs

Jan 2, 2008, 11:31:17 AM1/2/08
to Fluix
Any luck with the Upgrade?

SharpeLabs

Jan 7, 2008, 7:58:10 AM1/7/08
to Fluix
Hi, Ive had to roll back the project to XNA 1.
Its a little bit annoying, but i havent really lost any functionality,
so its not the end of the world.
I still hope you'll upgrade the project one day. But at least from my
point of view, its not that urgent anymore.

Even though it only works in XNA 1, its still the best swf pipeline
out there.
So thanks, again for this project and good luck with any future work.