Bug: Web UI bug for images

1 view

Matthew Norris

Jan 2, 2012, 6:06:11 PM1/2/12
to fluidd...@googlegroups.com
I clipped an image using the Chrome plugin, and I noticed two issues
(see attachment):

1. The image always lays over the tags that I've added, so I can never
see my previous tags.
2. The screen says that I have no tags for this image, even though I
clearly do. As I added more tags, I could eventually see the last one
poking out of the bottom underneath the picture, but the error message
still said I had no tags.

All in all, this new interface is fantastic, and will give Evernote a
run for their money. Keep it coming!

-Matthew

FluidInfoBug.png

Terry Jones

Jan 2, 2012, 6:58:34 PM1/2/12
to fluidd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthew

Thanks a lot for the screenshot, that's really helpful.

> 1. The image always lays over the tags that I've added, so I can never
> see my previous tags.

Ha, I didn't even know we were doing that! I've just opened a ticket to fix
it.

> 2. The screen says that I have no tags for this image, even though I
> clearly do. As I added more tags, I could eventually see the last one
> poking out of the bottom underneath the picture, but the error message
> still said I had no tags.

That's been fixed, and will likely go live very soon (next hour or two).

> All in all, this new interface is fantastic, and will give Evernote a run
> for their money. Keep it coming!

Thanks for giving it a try and for the feedback. There are some really good
changes lined up. We have a blog post coming on Wed that will give some of
the high-level thinking behind what we're doing, as well as some examples.
I can send you the current draft if you'd like a look.

Terry

Terry Jones

Jan 2, 2012, 10:16:41 PM1/2/12
to fluidd...@googlegroups.com
Hi again Matthew

Both the bugs you pointed out are now fixed and deployed.

Here's your link, looking better:
http://fluidinfo.com/about/#!/http%3A%2F%2Fimages.wikia.com%2Fdcanimated%2Fimages%2F9%2F9b%2FEarthmover.jpg
I've not done a great job of it, but things are at least readable now for
me and a couple of others - how's it look to you?

BTW, if you want to see a large version of the image without leaving the
site, click the "This link" link on the left.

Please let us know if there are things you think of that we could do to
help. We're very interested to see what people do with image tagging,
especially tagging images with other images, etc.

Thanks again,
Terry