Re: [fluiddb-discuss] Designing a Fluidinfo backend for the Annotator project

Kartik Subbarao

Sep 13, 2012, 2:10:10 PM9/13/12
to Terry Jones, fluidd...@googlegroups.com, annota...@lists.okfn.org
[I'm crossposting this to both fluiddb-users and annotator-dev since
there has been interest independently expressed by both teams in working
together, and I think it would be good to make both communities aware of
this. If there is a preference to continue the discussion in just one
place, we can do that instead.]

Hi Terry,

Thanks very much for your response. I would definitely like to take you
up on your offer on the Oauth2-API-twitter-token method. As long as
there is some secure way for the application to act as the user on
fluidinfo without having to know the user's fluidinfo password, that's
all I need for now. It'll definitely help move the prototype forward.

Regarding the additional refinement to the authentication strategy, I'll
defer to Randall Leeds for comment on that. He is redesigning the
annotator-store authentication interface and would be the best person to
comment on requirements/preferences. Randall, can you take a look at
this when you get a chance and respond with your thoughts?

I'm eager to improve the annotator-fluidinfo prototype and facilitate
collaboration between the annotator and fluidinfo projects, so everyone
feel free to chime in with your comments.

Regards,

-Kartik