Re:

Daniel A. Nagy

Sep 23, 2013, 11:07:07 AM9/23/13
to Russell Manley, fluidd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for the swift response! While FluidInfo got back to its normal
speed recently, now I am noticing that perfectly legitimate queries are
getting 500 Server Error responses. Is that also connected to the
maintenance?

Cheers,

Daniel

On 09/22/2013 03:23 AM, Russell Manley wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> We are doing some database maintenance at the moment. Sorry it's caused
> you hassle. We've tweaked a couple of things to make the process less of
> a pain and should be done soon.
>
> cheers,
>
> Russell

signature.asc

Terry Jones

Sep 23, 2013, 1:03:21 PM9/23/13
to users, Russell Manley
Hi Daniel

Do you have an example call that's failing?  We should be getting internal alerts for all 500 requests and I haven't seen any (so maybe there are two problems).

Terry

Daniel A. Nagy

Sep 23, 2013, 2:08:42 PM9/23/13
to Russell Manley, fluidd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Unfortunately, the same query sometimes works and sometiemes responds
with 500. The failing queries are always of the GET type to URLs like
this: https://fluiddb.fluidinfo.com/values/?query=...&tag=...&tag=...

The problem seems to have been most prevalent 3-4 hours ago.

Cheers,

D.

On 09/23/2013 06:38 PM, Russell Manley wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> could you give me an example so that we can reproduce the problem?
>
> thanks,
>
> Russell
>

> On 23 September 2013 16:07, Daniel A. Nagy <nagy...@epointsystem.org
signature.asc

Terry Jones

Sep 23, 2013, 3:22:50 PM9/23/13
to users, Russell Manley
Hi Daniel

Thanks, I went looking and found about 10 requests that all got a 500 error due to a database timeout. That's all due to a very long-running Postgres query we were trying to run for some maintenance clean-up. We've abandoned that approach and will take another. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Terry