Who is using FluidInfo

Avetik Muradyan

Apr 25, 2012, 10:41:05 PM4/25/12
to fluidd...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am very new to Fluidinfo, just have checked the web site and the whole idea sounds good to me...I think to create a client for it and it would be the best way to know inner system better.
Just curios who is using Fluidinfo on production ?

Thanks

Daniel A. Nagy

Apr 27, 2012, 4:05:47 AM4/27/12
to fluidd...@googlegroups.com
ePoint Systems uses it to monitor networked assets (computers, routers,
other network gear); each device sends its reports into FluidInfo on a
regular basis.

Cheers,

Daniel

signature.asc

Robin Green

Apr 28, 2012, 4:31:38 AM4/28/12
to fluidd...@googlegroups.com
What are your main motivations for using FluidInfo for this kind of data storage?

Nicolae Florin Petrovici

May 2, 2012, 6:31:10 AM5/2/12
to fluidd...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

tagnroll.com uses Fluidinfo to store its data. The system is stable but also has some downtime sometimes. We are happy with it until now. Anyway, checkout tagnroll.com (you must have a Facebook account).

--
Thank you,
Nicolae Florin Petrovici

Nicolae Florin Petrovici

May 4, 2012, 4:51:14 AM5/4/12
to fluidd...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Is there a problem with fluidinfo? I can't seem to add any data in the system.

Regards,
Nicolae

Nick Radcliffe

May 4, 2012, 5:07:00 AM5/4/12
to fluidd...@googlegroups.com
It's working for me.

Nick

Avetik Muradyan

Jul 26, 2013, 11:49:15 PM7/26/13
to fluidd...@googlegroups.com, n...@radcliffe0.com
Any changes over a year ? I see no any significant move so far.

Terry Jones

Jul 31, 2013, 4:28:54 AM7/31/13
to users
Hi Avetik

Sorry for the very slow reply.  About a year ago we decided to stop trying (at least for now) to get consumers interested in things we were building on top of Fluidinfo. We'd never intended to be building applications, Fluidinfo was supposed to be a pure storage company. We turned to hosting metadata for enterprise and have also been providing two UIs (one a web front end, one a browser extension) that help with looking at and creating metadata. One nice use of Fluidinfo for storage and API is what eLife Sciences have done [1]. Another very good use of Fluidinfo being made now is in intelligence and analysis, though we haven't publicly mentioned the client. We've been helping build a joint product which will be launched soon (I don't know the exact release plan, but it's nearly done). We'll say more about that later.

Terry

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 4:49 AM, Avetik Muradyan <avmur...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any changes over a year ? I see no any significant move so far.

--

---

Nicolae Florin Petrovici

Jul 31, 2013, 4:40:59 AM7/31/13
to fluidd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have also made a service for extracting semantic data (keywords) from websites.
The website is www.tagnroll.com

Users can tag websites with a browser extension and a tagnroll.com account.
They can also search for a specific user's tags:

Project is for sale.
For more info, email me in private.

Please don't harrass the server, it is hosted on a slow VPS.

Thanks,
Florin

njr

Jul 31, 2013, 5:54:44 AM7/31/13
to fluidd...@googlegroups.com, n...@radcliffe0.com
I think a bunch of use it for different things. The single thing I use it most for is as a shared clipboard for moving things between machines, phones etc. I actually have functional apps for iOS and Mac OS for this, though I haven't pushed them to the App stores, though I mostly use my fish tool for this. but as Terry says, the public activity has died down a bit.