Opaque values will be partially unavailable tomorrow night

1 view

Terry Jones

Feb 2, 2013, 6:36:36 PM2/2/13
to fluidd...@googlegroups.com
Tomorrow (Sunday, February 3rd) at 4pm EST (10pm CET) we're planning to
migrate opaque (i.e., blob) Fluidinfo tag values to a new back-end storage.

To make sure we maintain integrity, while keeping the system up during the
migration, we're taking an approach in which existing opaque values will be
temporarily unavailable in GET requests. PUTs with new opaque values will
work, and GET requests on those new values will too. The old opaque values
will become available immediately as they are migrated.

Note that primitive tag values (string, number, Boolean, null) will not be
affected, and nor will text matching.

We can't give a very accurate estimate yet of how long this will take, but
it should certainly be done by the morning (hopefully much sooner than
that). For real-time updates, join us in #fluidinfo on irc.freenode.net

Apologies for any inconvenience! Please let me know if you have an urgent
problem with this scheduling.

Terry