Deleting a tag without response

sega

Jun 2, 2010, 3:49:11 PM6/2/10
to FluidDB Discuss
Hello,

I'm trying to delete a FluidDB tag which I have created before that
but I don't get any HTTP response. I'm sending the following request:

DELETE /tags/gts_bcn/FDPermissionTestNamespace/FDPermissionTestCase
HTTP/1.1
Accept: application/json
Authorization: Basic Z3RzX2Jjbjo5b2lqZXczdWh5M2tqbmQ4

What is it wrong?

Thank you

Terry Jones

Jun 6, 2010, 8:29:36 AM6/6/10
to fluiddb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sega

> I'm trying to delete a FluidDB tag which I have created before that but I
> don't get any HTTP response.

I'm not sure what you mean by not getting a response. Do you mean the
response has no content? If so, that's expected: you should get a 204 (No
Content) status back. Or do you mean that the server doesn't reply at all?

Terry

sega

Jun 6, 2010, 12:30:35 PM6/6/10
to FluidDB Discuss
Hi Terry,
It's true. Sorry for my ambiguous question.

I mean that the server doesn't reply any data, that is, no data is
received by my receiver.

Sega

Terry Jones

Jun 6, 2010, 2:05:13 PM6/6/10
to fluiddb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sega

> I mean that the server doesn't reply any data, that is, no data is
> received by my receiver.

When I look at the gts_bcn user, it doesn't (now) have any namespaces or
tags.

Can we move this to the fluidd...@googlegroups.com group, or else meet
up and chat in #fluiddb on irc.freenode.net? I'll be very happy to keep an
eye on our server log files as you try things.

Terry

sega

Jun 8, 2010, 2:39:13 PM6/8/10
to FluidDB Discuss
Hi Terry,

> > I mean that the server doesn't reply any data, that is, no data is
> > received by my receiver.
>
> When I look at the gts_bcn user, it doesn't (now) have any namespaces or
> tags.

I'm confused because I have just accessed to this and other tags of
gts_bcn user. I have reproduced this problem with the following HTTP
request:

DELETE /tags/gts_bcn/FDPermissionTestNamespace/FDPermissionTestCase
HTTP/1.1
Accept: application/json
Authorization: Basic Z3RzX2Jjbjo5b2lqZXczdWh5M2tqbmQ4

> Can we move this to the fluidd...@googlegroups.com group, or else meet
> up and chat in #fluiddb on irc.freenode.net?  I'll be very happy to keep an
> eye on our server log files as you try things.

Of course but I have never used a chat. Any way I think I can get help
and make a request on thursday 10 June at 7:00 p.m. (GMT+1). Can you
keep an eye on your server log files this day?

Sega

Terry Jones

Jun 8, 2010, 6:04:41 PM6/8/10
to fluiddb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sega

> I'm confused because I have just accessed to this and other tags of
> gts_bcn user. I have reproduced this problem with the following HTTP
> request:
>
> DELETE /tags/gts_bcn/FDPermissionTestNamespace/FDPermissionTestCase
> HTTP/1.1
> Accept: application/json
> Authorization: Basic Z3RzX2Jjbjo5b2lqZXczdWh5M2tqbmQ4

I can see the gts_bcn/FDPermissionTestNamespace namespace on the sandbox,
but not on the main FluidDB instance. You're using the sandbox I guess?
But there is (currently) no FDPermissionTestCase tag in that namespace.

> > Can we move this to the fluidd...@googlegroups.com group, or else
> > meet up and chat in #fluiddb on irc.freenode.net? �I'll be very happy
> > to keep an eye on our server log files as you try things.
>
> Of course but I have never used a chat. Any way I think I can get help
> and make a request on thursday 10 June at 7:00 p.m. (GMT+1). Can you
> keep an eye on your server log files this day?

OK, I'll try to be there, and in any case can always go back to see the
logs.

Could you please send followups to fluidd...@googlegroups.com? That
list is intended for programmers using the API. This one (discuss) is more
intended for high-level discussion. It probably doesn't matter, but I
wouldn't like to annoy people who aren't interested in the nitty gritty.

We're really happy to help you get to the bottom of this.

Terry

sega

Jun 9, 2010, 3:18:25 PM6/9/10
to FluidDB Discuss
Hi Terry,

> I can see the gts_bcn/FDPermissionTestNamespace namespace on the sandbox,
> but not on the main FluidDB instance. You're using the sandbox I guess?

Yes, I'm using the sandbox because I didn't know if the gts_bcn user
had permissions to use the main FluidDB instance.

> But there is (currently) no FDPermissionTestCase tag in that namespace.

Yes, there is no FDPermissionTestCase tag in that namespace because
the DELETE request works successfully although it doesn't reply
anything.

> > > Can we move this to the fluidd...@googlegroups.com group, or else
> > > meet up and chat in #fluiddb on irc.freenode.net? I'll be very happy
> > > to keep an eye on our server log files as you try things.
>
> > Of course but I have never used a chat. Any way I think I can get help
> > and make a request on thursday 10 June at 7:00 p.m. (GMT+1). Can you
> > keep an eye on your server log files this day?
>
> OK, I'll try to be there, and in any case can always go back to see the
> logs.

Ok. I'll be there.

> Could you please send followups to fluidd...@googlegroups.com?  That
> list is intended for programmers using the API. This one (discuss) is more
> intended for high-level discussion. It probably doesn't matter, but I
> wouldn't like to annoy people who aren't interested in the nitty gritty.

Oh! Sorry. I didn't know that. I promise I will use the other google
group for my questions about FluidDB API.

> We're really happy to help you get to the bottom of this.
>
> Terry

Sega