convore

Michael Sullivan

Mar 17, 2011, 12:22:30 PM3/17/11
to fluiddb...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Any interest in setting up a Fluidinfo group using convore.com?

Sull

Nicholas Tollervey

Mar 17, 2011, 1:16:02 PM3/17/11
to fluiddb...@googlegroups.com, Michael Sullivan
OK... everyone... here it is: https://convore.com/fluidinfo/

Jamu Kakar

Mar 17, 2011, 2:09:00 PM3/17/11
to fluiddb...@googlegroups.com, Nicholas Tollervey, Michael Sullivan
Hi,

Do we need another way to communicate? The IRC channel(s) work quite
well and there's already a web-based client for folks that aren't used
to IRC. I know Convore is all the hype right now, but do we get much
benefit by being there?

Maybe we do, because all the cool kids will flock to it, discover
Fluidinfo and talk to their favourite VCs to help us get funded. :)
Anyway, I guess all I'm saying is that I'll probably stick to IRC,
since there are enough distractions with email, IRC and Twitter.

Thanks,
J.

Jeremy Dunck

Mar 17, 2011, 2:17:09 PM3/17/11
to fluiddb...@googlegroups.com, Jamu Kakar, Nicholas Tollervey, Michael Sullivan
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Jamu Kakar <jka...@kakar.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do we need another way to communicate?  The IRC channel(s) work quite
> well and there's already a web-based client for folks that aren't used
> to IRC.  I know Convore is all the hype right now, but do we get much
> benefit by being there?

FWIW, I think Convore is better than IRC for some purposes. It's like
a search-friendly IRC channel which is automatically logged. I
agree, though, that displacing IRC is a tall order. /me eyes 3 IRC
server connections to 30 rooms.

Nicholas Tollervey

Mar 17, 2011, 2:19:12 PM3/17/11
to fluiddb...@googlegroups.com
We probably don't need another means to communicate but others might
choose to use this means of communication in which case it'd be good
to have a presence there already (which we created).

Like you, IRC still works well.

Nicholas.

Emanuel Carnevale

Mar 17, 2011, 5:56:35 PM3/17/11
to fluiddb...@googlegroups.com, fluiddb...@googlegroups.com
Agreed,
My only gripe with IRC is that I miss whole discussions while I'm offline and/or my client disconnects.

Sent from my iPhone