O'Reilly Book Data Update Frequency

markmcspadden

Apr 2, 2011, 1:17:54 AM4/2/11
to FluidDB Discuss
I threw this up into IRC the other night...but it was late and I
didn't stay long...so maybe something more asynchronous is more
appropriate.

I've been working on a mashup with the O'Reilly book data but I'm
coming across quite a few books that aren't in Fluidinfo. (21 at last
count which I can provide if needed) Most of these are new books or
rough cuts, so I imagine they just haven't made there way into
Fluidinfo yet.

I was wondering if there were any expectations around how often the
book data will be synced. My mashup is based on ones of those new
fangled "realtime" information streams, so I'm either looking to be
sure these books are "supposed" to be synced with regularity or I need
to dust of the ol screen scraping skillz to find the missing books.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Mark

Mark McSpadden II

Apr 2, 2011, 2:44:55 AM4/2/11
to fluiddb...@googlegroups.com
Ps. I should also say it "seems like" the data isn't in
fluidinfo...I'm still very new in here...

Sent from my iPhone