Dropping FluidDB as a product name, in favor of Fluidinfo

Terry Jones

Feb 5, 2011, 4:37:37 PM2/5/11
to fluiddb...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

We decided to drop FluidDB as a product name, in favor of Fluidinfo.
The reasons for that move are described at http://bit.ly/ftTM6f

We've been quiet recently as went spent the second half of 2010 building
and training our small team, simplifying aspects of the Fluidinfo
architecture, and adding some new API functionality. We've now begun to
turn some of our attention away from internal engineering, towards data and
applications. So you can be expect to begin to hear interesting news again
from Fluidinfo, starting very soon.

Terry

Terrell Russell

Feb 5, 2011, 5:01:29 PM2/5/11
to fluiddb...@googlegroups.com
I like the move. It seems to clear some confusion from the table.

So you'll be renaming this and the -users list as well?

Thanks,

Terrell

Terry Jones

Feb 5, 2011, 5:03:30 PM2/5/11
to fluiddb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terrell

> I like the move. It seems to clear some confusion from the table.

Yes, agreed.

> So you'll be renaming this and the -users list as well?

I'm not sure if we can simply rename it. If we start a new one, we'd lose
the archives - not that there's ever been a huge amount of traffic.

Terry