Provider not compatible with the version of Oracle client

Pitt

Apr 26, 2018, 1:41:16 AM4/26/18
to FluentMigrator Google Group
Hello

I have a C# project on .NET Framework 4.5.2 with FluentMigrator library version 1.6.2.0.

I've updated my Oracle DataAccess provider to the version 12.2.1100 but now I'm unable to execute FluentMigrator commands. I've got the following error message :

=============================== FluentMigrator ================================
Source Code:
Ask For Help:

!!! Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
!!! The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleClientFactory' threw an exception.
!!! The provider is not compatible with the version of Oracle client

Is there a future version planned to handle this Oracle client ?

Thanks for your help
Best regards

Mark Junker

Apr 26, 2018, 2:30:05 AM4/26/18
to fluentmigrato...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I wrote an answer in the GitHub issue #845 (https://github.com/fluentmigrator/fluentmigrator/issues/845) and options to solve it, but the short answer is to use one of the two following Solutions:

  • Use OracleManaged as database/processor type/id
  • Install the latest Oracle client on your computer

Kind regards,

Mark Junker

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10