FluentMigrator / NHiberate -- Feedback requested

Jeffrey Becker

Dec 30, 2015, 8:08:54 PM12/30/15
to FluentMigrator Google Group
I've got some proof-of-concept code for an NHibernate migration generator.  Currently there is no tooling and only the initial schema generation is supported but it works well enough for my one project.
Before I go further I'd like feedback on the following:

Differential migrations will require snapshots of the mapping via a serialized migration. Where is the best place to put this? I dont see a way to embed this into the version table as entity framework migrations do so I expect to tack it onto the migration class itself.  Would it be better to try to pursue some extension mechanism in the  version table?

How would people envision the tooling working? The tooling will need to be able to create instances of a Configuration or derived type. How should this be specified? Personally I always derive from NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration with a parameter-less constructor so simply a type name would do. Should there be some convention for a factory type?