Does fluentD support feature flag (or conditional variable) to skip rule?

Rui Zhang

Nov 3, 2021, 5:15:28 AM11/3/21
to Fluentd Google Group
Hi all,

I tried to write some new rules in fluent.conf but I don't want fluentD to apply those rules every time I run fluentD. (The reason is that we have existing config on product environment and I don't want new rules to affect existing rules). So does anyone know if fluentD support feature flag?

For example, if below is my fluent.conf file, and I want to skip all sections/blocks with tag "event" when running fluentd, how can I achieve it?

<source>
  …
  tag event
</source>