Buffer file keeps growing without flushing data to destination

Gayatri S

Aug 11, 2021, 2:53:23 PM8/11/21
to Fluentd Google Group
Hi, We are facing issues with logs not being pushed to ES. Below is our Buffer config

 <store>
        @type elasticsearch
        host "#{ENV['ES_HOSTNAME']}"
        port 9243
        user "#{ENV['ES_USERNAME']}"
        password "#{ENV['ES_PASSWORD']}"
        scheme https
        with_transporter_log true
        @log_level debug
        ssl_verify false
        ssl_version TLSv1_2
        index_name ${indexprefix}
        reconnect_on_error true
        reload_connections false
        reload_on_failure true
        suppress_type_name true
        request_timeout 30s
        prefer_oj_serializer true
        type_name _doc
        <buffer indexprefix>
          @type "file"
          path "#{ENV['BufferPath']}"
          flush_thread_count 10
          flush_mode interval
          flush_interval 30s
          flush_at_shutdown true
          overflow_action throw_exception
          compress gzip
          retry_forever true
          retry_type periodic
          retry_wait 30s
          chunk_limit_size 64MB
          total_limit_size 64GB
        </buffer>
        </store>

when tried to look at the buffer file, the file kept growing in size shown below.

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 2.49.56 PM.png
What is going wrong here. ES is reachable and other applications are still able to push logs.

Fluentd version - 1.11.4

There are no error logs sometimes see the below warning

buffer flush took longer time than slow_flush_log_threshold: elapsed_time=20.126440424006432 slow_flush_log_threshold=20.0 plugin_id="object:b18"

Vazel

Dec 17, 2021, 3:54:34 AM12/17/21
to Fluentd Google Group
have you resolved?

José Lecaros

Dec 22, 2021, 3:55:14 PM12/22/21
to Fluentd Google Group
Hello there,
I think there are more active users in the fluentd slack channel slack.Fluentd.org
If you haven't solved you're very welcome to make your questions there.