How to load from exposed hbm files versus assemblies

1 view

Michael Powell

Aug 20, 2016, 2:02:20 PM8/20/16
to fluent-n...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Awhile back I seem to recall there might have been a blog or two on
the subject of how to load from Hbm files versus assemblies.

The logic seems clear, if all of the Hbm files are created/modified
after all of the involved assemblies, i.e. where fluent mappings are
happening, then load from the files. Otherwise, expose or re-expose
the configuration.

I'd like to do a similar thing, but perhaps my approach needs a
little help, because the FileInfo dates/times don't seem to be right
at all for comparison purposes.

I'm chewing on whether it would be worth saving assembly version
details to file. Maybe that's a better approach than to depend upon
the FileInfo for dates that are somehow broken.

Environment: Windows 7 64-bit SP1
Targeting .NET Framework 4.5 (database migrations), 4.6 (ASP.NET MVC)

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Regards,

Michael Powell